• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iran?

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
It seems like this guy is just shooting his mouth off in hopes of grabbing more attention for the prime minister bid.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Given our current role in that region, anyone attacking anyone is something for us to worry about it.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
We are going to have to worry about this.

Iran has already said that if anyone strikes anything within Iranian borders they will assume the US had something do do with it and retaliate against US targets in the region.

I'll try to find the article. Its on Yahoo News.

Bevo16

pilot
Iran has already said that if anyone strikes anything within Iranian borders they will assume the US had something do do with it and retaliate against US targets in the region.

Saying it and putting into practice are two different things. If Israel hits them, they are going to have to think long and hard about their next move. It is national suicide for them to go after a carrier or actually roll armor across their western border to attack US assets in Iraq.

The IRGC and IRGCN elements that don't really take orders from the elected officials are going to be the X factor in a lot of that.

I don't want a fight with those bastards. They have some legit capabilities and it would be like fighting a pack of fleas. They are not going to bring you down, but a bunch a little bites can sting like a mo-fo.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Being an Iranian-American I have seen first hand how proud these people are..however, I think they want to avoid a war as much as we do. The people (in general) are peace loving and not a representation of the dumb asses in power. The power base itself gets a hard on for thumbing their nose at "the West"...but in my opinion I think it stops there.

That being said, funding terrorism directly/indirectly so other Mohammads can go blow themselves up..is another story.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
This guy bidding for leadership in Isreal is writing some pretty big checks. It may seem like all bluster, but Isreal has set the precedent. I'd be worried if I were an Iranian construction worker or engineer at a reactor site. Of course, with the rhetoric coming out of Iran, I wouldn't be too surprised if we wake up one morning to find out that Iran has dry-gulched Isreal with missiles during the night. And either country pretty much has to get through our airspace to get to each other, so I don't see a fight where we aren't involved.

Fast forward 3 years to when President Obama has most of us out of Iraq, and Mr Ahmidenijhad decides to take a road trip with most of his land forces. Now there's a hellacious fight.

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
Something tells me we're all going to have to worry about this.

Not so much "worry about" as "plan for" and "BPT".
For me, if a fight is comin', I'd rather take it than put it off for my boy to take care of. Then again, it's not my decision so I'll let the politicos figure it out and just keep my weapons clean.:cowboy_12

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
It is national suicide for them to go after a carrier or actually roll armor across their western border to attack US assets in Iraq.
They're not that stupid. It's one thing to probe and mess with us just to see how we're going to react, and quite another to do something overt that will demand an immediate response. They're certainly not above hitting KAAOT and ABOT again, though.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Do we still have guys on those? If we do, it's probably not such a great idea for them to touch those.

Yes, we do still have guys on those. In fact, I will be one of them really soon.