• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iraqi Insurgents Propose Cease-Fire

Birdman

They'd probably go through with it, but then they'd take over and start a new talibanesque regime when we left. After killing everyone who supported us.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A symbol we are beating them? A ploy by them to get their way eventually? Out of options, out of ideas? I wonder.

Well...think about this for a minute...if we left Iraq in 2 years, haha they wouldn't have any Americans to kill anymore...we'd all be gone.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
skidkid said:
Very rarely does the winning side propose a cease fire

Good point. I think Fly hit it on the head when he forwarded the thought "a symbol we are beating them?"

As is likely to happen whenever fighting an enemy that TRULY believes in their cause (which, as misguided as these people are, the vast majority of them really do...see the definition of "fanaticism" for a good primer on our current problem), it becomes a war/fight of attrition. That sucks, but I think that's where we stand with the terrorists/insurgents/whatever-the-****-you-want-to-call-them.

We're causing a lot of damage to their infrastructure and their leadership "corps," and that's an indisputable fact, even to the most leftist, liberal-minded media outlet.

It's sort of like being in a chess game when neither player can really formulate an effective strategy. It becomes who can take the most important pieces of their opponent's resources away the quickest.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Cease-fire, my ass .... haven't we learned ANYTHING !!??? From Vietnam?? Korea ??? Lebanon ??? Pick one .....

If the USA had half the national will and the US government had half the cojones (ummm .... would that be one ??) that the Jews and the IDF have .... it would be game over.

The firing ceases when the other b@stard is dead -- i.e., all of 'em.

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]
(AP) Dust and smoke billows after an Israeli mobile artillery piece fired towards the Gaza Strip
[/FONT]

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Cease-fire, my ass .... haven't we learned ANYTHING !!??? From Vietnam?? Korea ??? Lebanon ??? Pick one .....

Oh I agree. Sometimes a ceasefire is a sign of a stalemate. Sometimes it's a sign to absolutely crush your enemy.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The correct way to do it is to negotiate while you are still bombing shelling bayonetting the enemy that way they are extra motivated to come to peaceful terms. It also negates the old ceasfire to negotiate while I refit and rearm ploy that has been used by various scumbags the world over.

A slight threadjack the Israelis are going to tear Gaza apart to get their man back. The Arabs just dont understand the value that a civilized force puts on the lives of ehr citizens. They will go to open war over one man and I ahve nothing but respect for that and hope we would respond in kind. This might eb the end of the Hamas government, we'll see.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
A slight threadjack the Israelis are going to tear Gaza apart to get their man back. The Arabs just dont understand the value that a civilized force puts on the lives of ehr citizens. They will go to open war over one man and I ahve nothing but respect for that and hope we would respond in kind. This might eb the end of the Hamas government, we'll see.

They arrested the Hamas "Prime Minister" today, just saw it in the news.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
skidkid said:
The correct way to do it is to negotiate while you are still bombing shelling bayonetting the enemy that way they are extra motivated to come to peaceful terms. ....
ABSOLUTELY !!! "Preach it" ... Brother. When did the Vietnamese "get serious" about negotiating @ Paris ???

Why ... if memory serves me .... I think this is when .... :

b52bomb.jpg

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Semi-threadjack - suppose something along the lines of the election of a Hamas-style government happens in Iraq/Afghanistan... do we depose the leader and call for new elections, shrug our shoulders or what?

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Cease fire? F*** that. They'd use the time to regroup and rearm rather than negotiate any sort of peaceful settlment.

Bomb them into the stone age... and if they're already in the stone age, bomb them into the gravel age.

Gen. LeMay said it best: "If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agreed. Fundamental law of wartime negotiating . . . Do it with a knee in your enemy's chest and a knife at his throat . . .