• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IRGCN Drone Aircraft Carrier Shahid Bagheri

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Last edited:

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
First look at the IR drone aircraft carrier.

Former Container Ship Perarin, registered in IR.
View attachment 41032
That thing will be on the bottom of the sea in the next few years IMO

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
First look at the IR drone aircraft carrier.

Former Container Ship Perarin, registered in IR.
View attachment 41032
We don't even call our own LHDs aircraft carriers, and you're going to let Iran get away with calling this one?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The people who generate content have nothing important to write about, so we get drivel like this story. When your business model is based on clicks, this is the result.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you dig into this “magazine” further, it has a clear pro-Russian/Iranian bias. A large portion of the articles hype up the destruction of western equipment in Ukraine and the supposed superiority of the Russian equipment being used. I lost track of the number of videos they had of Patriot systems supposedly being destroyed.

Hard to figure out the actual owner of the site, but the general fact checking website consensus seems to be that it’s an Iranian.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So this is basically a replacement for the Kharg, the IRGCN’s old base ship. It was another converted oiler. It caught fire and sank in the GOO a few years ago, There were rumors that the Israelis might have had a hand in it, but the Iranians haven’t exactly been the world’s most proficient warship sailors, so “never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence” and all that.

TacticalTater

None
I get it's Iran and not a real carrier and all BUT what would be the reason for angling the deck opposite of ours?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I get it's Iran and not a real carrier and all BUT what would be the reason for angling the deck opposite of ours?
There’s no practical reason for it that I can think of, but also no reason not to. The only reason carrier angled decks go to port is because when they started the conversions in the 50s, it had already become the standard to have carrier islands on the starboard side, so there was no choice.