• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ironman

ljm9304

not quite yet, but i do piss every morning, ive been training for a long time and will have a coach down at UofA so by the time i am done with college I will have a few under my belt

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I still think anyone subjecting themselves to that is just crazy. Cars and boats have been invented you know?

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I'm a triathelete and will probably be doing an ironman (possibly 2) this year. I think anything that you are out doing that shows drive beyond the scope of your average college student looks good to the board. Plus they know the PT at OCS won't be a problem.;) I know it is a huge plus for Specwar... you don't happen to want to be a SEAL do you?

ljm9304

actually i guess i didnt clarify that in this post, but yes sna is my first choice and going the SEAL route would be my 2nd

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Is finishing multiple Ironman races something that would impress a board, or not really?

It's something to say, I've dedicated my time and effort into something.

However, I don't feel that this would make a weak candidate stronger...so it's not going to be a big factor.

I'm still impressed though. I've run a marathon and will again later this year, but that's it. Screw the swimming...

xmid

pilot
Contributor
It's something to say, I've dedicated my time and effort into something.

However, I don't feel that this would make a weak candidate stronger...so it's not going to be a big factor.

I'm still impressed though. I've run a marathon and will again later this year, but that's it. Screw the swimming...

I agree that it probably won't resurrect a bad candidate, but I think it can be a good thing to have on your app and as I said it is a very big deal for Specwar which he is interested in. The time alone required to train just to finish an Ironman is huge. You are looking at a minimum of 20 hours a week for training in the months leading up to the Ironman. Thats a part time job or a varsity sport. Some guys train upwards of 40 hours a week. Its just a huge time commitment and it takes a huge amount of discipline.

Pags

N/A
pilot
He was turned to steel in the great magnetic field!
When he traveled time for the future of Mankind.
Nobody wants him He just stares at the world.
Planning his vengeance that he will soon unfurl.
Now the time is here for ironman to spread fear.