• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is 29 years old too old to apply for a SNA/NFO spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmald003

Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting to a forum/thread so bear with me please. I am a 29 year old Navy Veteran (4 years active duty, 2 reserve). I did the GI Bill for college (3.2 GPA B.S. in Criminal Justice), and I am a current Law Enforcement Officer for the state of Florida. I have always had an urge to fly, and have recently started my PPL with a local flight school. If I were to take the ASTB and score fairly well, realistically, do I have a chance of being picked up at my age? Looking to apply for SNA/NFO. Any advice/help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome to the forum!

Please search around a bit before starting threads, as variations of this question have been posted before. No one here can tell you your exact chances, but as you’re under the age limit I would recommend taking the ASTB and talking to an officer recruiter asap. They’ll be in the best position to tell you how realistic it is.

Feel free to start a new thread if you can’t find what you’re looking for after searching. Best of luck!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
To add to what @cfam said, if you’re under the age limit, you’re under the limit. They don’t really care how close to it you are, unless there’s a question of wnether you’d be able to commission on time (which isn’t the case for you).

Talk to an officer programs recruiter asap. Study up and knock the hell out of the ASTB. Hope you don’t get the Whammy. Meantime, don’t get into the Waffle House too much while you’re on shift, and mine Air Warriors for it’s decades of accumulated wisdom. Welcome aboard, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.