• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is there any point in applying right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamS

Sorry for this question, I dont mean it to sound negative, but maybe you guys can assuage my fears. I am gearing up now to try to get my application out by the end of August so I can hear something by September, however, after searching many of the backposts on these boards I am worried that they are not taking any SNA's at this time. While I would be honored to be selected as an SNFO, it is not my interest at this time-does anyone know if it is worth it to apply this Summer or should I wait at all.
Thanks!

Hudson

Apply, What it the worst that could happen. On one hand you get in as a SNA on the other hand you get SNFO. Either way you are in with a slot date. If you decide to turn down the NFO slot then you resubmit for only SNA. You might wait a while for your slot but who is to say it will be better in a month or even a few years. Do it, get it over with and decide after you know the effect. Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained. Hey maybe that should be my quote.
Hudson

ghost_ttu

Well more "good" news for those applying. I was at the recruiter today and they have changed the minimum standards to submit a package once again. Recruiter says the 04 slots are open, however they are throttling the number of applicants due to the length of time you must wait for OCS date. They will probably lower standards once the wait time gets back to a manageable time. The new gpa standard is 3.2 to apply for pilot slot.

AdamS

Please do not tell me this is true. I intended to apply in a few weeks. I DO NOT have a 3.2, and I was still hoping for a late '03 slot. I am going to go talk to this guy in Hyattsville Monday, but I cannot tell you how incredibly dissapointed I will be if this is true-I would then not be able to reapply till I got my first semester of law shcool grades in 5 months!!

A very very dissapointed wannabe.

ghost_ttu

I'm not sure how semester grades work, I would think you would have to complete law school to utilize that gpa. I could be incorrect. But I did see it on paper directly from Tennessee that the gpa is set at 3.2. I think it will stay that way until the wait to get into OCS is more reasonable and then they will start opening the slots up more.

AdamS

Well that would be 3 years, and I only intended to finish my first half of law school before I went to flight school(then i intended to finish my law degree at night school over the next several years)

This is really just disastrous news for me ghost. I mean I will go talk to the recruiter first thing monday. Do you know if there would be a waiver since I graduated a year ago? I had a semester of masters degree work and got a 4.0, and then worked and prepared for law school and the like.

Thoughts? hopes, prayers, sympathies? :)

ghost_ttu

no telling man. I graduated 3 years ago I have a 2.5 and I'm pretty much out of luck until they lower the standards again. Like I said they are most likely doing this to lower the numbers coming in. They don't want so many people waiting to go to OCS. Just remember, things will workout for the best.

AdamS

Ghost, I will let you know either Monday or Tuesday what I can get out of the local guy here... Im in maryland, you anywhere close?

AdamS

Hey Ghost-just to clarify something-they ARE accepting people for 04 now? Which means that 03 is completely full up? Geez louise, if thats true I better try to get this ball rolling ASAP, I cant imagine waiting from lets say, this September to February 04! :)

Birdman

There is another thread going about this right now, if you had read it they figured out the minimum is 2.5 gpa

greshamb

Adam, I'm in the Maryland area also. I live in DC but my recruiter is in the Hyattsville office. I'm going into my senior year at Georgetown and just recently sent in my package in for SNA. I hope you got good news from the recruiting office...what were your undergrad grades like? Is it possible you could use those as your GPA or maybe an average or something? I mean, if you had above a 3.2 as an undergrad it doesn't seem fair that just because you decided to go through a more challenging law school that you're undergrad GPA has little weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.