• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is Your Civilian Job Protected During Plc

fitz8402

I have not had any luck trying to figure this out on my own. I work for Lockheed Martin doing flight test on F-22's. Its not exactly your average colledge student job. I want to go PLC but I can not afford to loose my job while I am gone. Is it protected under the soldiers and sailors act?

Cordespc

None
Contributor
Probably, check here to make sure.

I never ran into your problem, but it seems to me that your attending PLC for 6 weeks is something you could work out with your employer without the risk of getting canned.

Rgds/ Paul

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Try selling it off to them as free leadership/management training for you that would be an asset to the company. With all their military contracts, I'd have a hard time believing they would be hostile to your situation.

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
Try selling it off to them as free leadership/management training for you that would be an asset to the company. With all their military contracts, I'd have a hard time believing they would be hostile to your situation.

yeah, an asset that will be leaving for the Marines as soon as he finishes college.

Lawman

None
When you go to training its activation to Active Duty, you are protected for up to something like 3 years. Either your company has to hold your job position or provide you with one at the same level (I.E. Pay/responcibility). A company like Lockheed-Martin isnt going to screw with you on this, they have enough experiance with the government that somebody in the legal department could easily inform your supervisor of your rights as a Servicemen.