• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IS2 applying to be a pilot, any advice on making my package more competitive

salgado85

After being enlisted for 7 years in the Navy (5 years as an EM, 2 as an IS) I finally completed my Bachelor of Arts in Intelligence Studies. I took classes while I was on board my first ship, and when I cross-rated to IS and finally scored shore duty, I sprinted and finished my degree in a little over a year after starting off with 55 credits, some from previous college courses I took from NCPACE and others from my in rate schooling. I got a 3.54 GPA at the completion of my degree. Since making 2nd class last year I have been highly active in my joint command becoming part of the joint service member's E-5/6 Association Executive Council, the training coordinator, and the Non-Commissioned Officer in Charged of my work center. Also, I was chosen as the Junior Sailor of the Quarter and got a FLOC for my on the job performance. I have two warfare pins, ESWS and EIDWS. Since I am coming from an intel field and my first eval as an E-5 was an MP (my traits average was 4.14), what can I do to make my OCS package more competitive to be able to get picked up to be a pilot? I took the ASTB yesterday and scored a 4/4, OAR 46 so I will be taking the ASTB again. Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

m041638

Are you the IS2 Salgado from the UK? If so, try getting in touch with the Navy Element XO and ask him if he can direct you to the Navy LT (helo pilot) that recently checked in at the RSC. He might be able to provide some insight for you in a face to face setting. Unfortunately I can't remember his name off the top of my head.

salgado85

I know exactly who you are talking about. He was the one who directed me to this website to get some useful study tips and advice.

exNavyOffRec

The number one thing the Pilot board looks at is ASTB, if you can't get that PFAR to at least a 6, no reason to apply, in my years of experience what I have seen is a person with a 7 50/50 shot, 8 or 9 always picked up, never seen a 5 or 6 selected, but some with a 6 have recently from this board.