• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

It must have been my destiny......Hawaiian P-3

Flugelman

Contributor
What! No MAD boom????:icon_tong

Used to live under the northern approach to Love Field. I remember the Electra and it's competitor, the Vickers Viscount. I could tell the aircraft just from the sound.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
My destiny .... ???

Destiny, smestiny ...

Not to worry, HAL ... you've obviously overcome your handicap. Big Idiot used to fly THESE and I managed to dodge that bullet ...

braniffelectra.jpg

'Cept they DID send my bags to New Jersey on a Corpus - SEA leg ... I shoulda' known what was coming ... MY destiny ??? :)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Meh.. On a good day. It gets kinda sporty above about 25k' though. Much better to let george handle it.

Ours is the opposite, especially the old autopilots. At altitude and cruise speed, it creates its own PIO. Can't keep up or something. Hand flying the pond was a pain.
Luckily, we had plenty of opportunities to land 3 engine and see the sights due to the oil slick we managed to leave behind us the whole way.