• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I've never seen that before....

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't you love the backpaddling when an elected government offficial does something stupid.

(AP) An Ohio state legislator surprised a high school class when the computer he was using projected a photo of a nude woman during a lecture on how a bill becomes a law.

My favorite quote: "I have no idea where these came from," the Democrat said.
Check his home and office PC and it will most likely tell you where they came from....but hey...just go and blame it on one of your legislative liaisons.

Oops! Lawmaker Shows Students Topless Gal Ohio Legislator's Civics Lesson To High School Students Includes Photo Of Naked Woman

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
Why on earth is law enforcement getting involved?

My guess would be something about introducing sexually explicit material (even if it was just nude women and no sexual acts or anything) to minors.

Kind of reminds me of a time less than a year ago, I was in class, and a girl was about to give a presentation on some South American country, with pictures, when she put in the flashdrive, clicked on a picture, and it was lingerie ad after lingerie ad. That fairly effectively got the guys' attention...

Nose

pilot
Back in the PPW (pre-Power Point) days, we used to give lectures at LSO school using slides. We had two boxes of "Red" slides which were color coded around the edges - we probably should have called them blue slides. We would slip a couple of the red slides into each lecture's slide trays just to keep the boys awake while we were talking about such gripping things as Glideslope Geometry or Recovery Bulletins.

Everything was great until the time the OIC gave a brief to some congressional staffers and forgot to pre-flight his slide tray!

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I bet the congressional staffers were actually pleased...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did the same on cruise for actual slide show "Recce Training" ...lock the RR door..."Hey, We're training in here."

The "Hot Dog Lady" was a perennial favorite at the end of the Cold War.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
MY high school physics teacher -- Physical Ed -- his name was Ed, he was the physics teach, and he subbed as P.E. teacher when the "regular guy" was AWOL -- even though Physical Ed weighed @ 110 lbs and had a pencil neck.

Ergo ... "Physical Ed". :)

But I digress .... during the lunch break (split period) a couple of us came back into the room early and taped a Playboy centerfold onto the movie screen and rolled it back up. We were having a "visual presentation" after lunch and the opportunity to excel was not lost upon us.

When Physical Ed pulled the screen down after the class reconvened to begin the "presentation", the bottom of the centerfold curled up over his head as the screen came down. He struggled briefly with his temporary loss of sight and then the centerfold dropped full length in all its (her?) glory for all to see.:eek: The class was @ 50/50 boys/girls.

A truly memorable "visual presentation", old school style. We didn't need no steeenkin' Power Point. :)

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
From Wikipedia:
*majored in psychology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
*took his biggest gamble in 1953 by lending his furniture for $600 and raising $8,000 from 45 investors -- including $1,000 from his mother -- to launch Playboy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Heffner