• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IW & Intel

eagleeye005

Pro Rec'd SNA
Hey guys, i was wondering if you could be accepted to intel or IW being color blind and/or poor depth perception. I was pro rec'd for sna but at my physical i failed both eye tests. thinking about applying for IW and intel if possible. Thanks eveyone.

schwarti

Contributor
Before giving up on SNA, try to get another vision test done - the ones at MEPS aren't so great. There are a lot of stories on here about how people flunked at MEPS and passed just fine somewhere else.

eagleeye005

Pro Rec'd SNA
Before giving up on SNA, try to get another vision test done - the ones at MEPS aren't so great. There are a lot of stories on here about how people flunked at MEPS and passed just fine somewhere else.

Really? the only color vision test i can't pass is where they show you a bunch of dots with a number is them. with everything else i am fine.

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
I am not a doctor. But I do know a fellow intel officer who is color-blind and could not go aviation for that reason. So I'm sure it's possible.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I did, and missed only 3 out of 12 and they said i failed. if taken again, i believe i could get all 12 right. would passing that test help me?

To pass for aviation it is 9/9 lights, and if you miss any they run you through a set of 18 lights. You have to get a minimum of 16/18 or 9/9 to pass the falant test. But to answer your question yes passing that test would help you. However, that still does not cover your depth perception. Here is the link to what used to be the Aviation waiver guide (I can't ever get the link to work anymore, but it used to say No waivers for color vision except for designated aircrew in certain positions http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/NAMI/WaiverGuideTopics/index.htm), but in your case you would need to pass the physical just to commission as URL (CH15 in the medical guide http://www.brooksidepress.org/Products/ManMed/Manmed.htm). Good Luck.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Really? the only color vision test i can't pass is where they show you a bunch of dots with a number is them. with everything else i am fine.

Do a search for FALANT and/or color vision/test on the forum and you will probably find a lot of threads on this subject. Don't give up hope yet.

eagleeye005

Pro Rec'd SNA
Thanks guys. do you think if i pass the FALANT color test without missing any it would get me passed the final select for SNA.

eagleeye005

Pro Rec'd SNA
Good point

@eagleeye - Your profile also says that you are college sophomore, are you going for BDCP?

Now fixed ;). yeah i was pro rec'd for sna and bdcp. i applied for both sna and nfo but would prefer sna. my recruitor said i didn't need depth perception for nfo...but if i can get passed it i would really like to fly. i just hope there is a way around the color vision test.