• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 06' Boat

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
I just got back to K-Rock from lovely Key West today. All I have to say is that taking traps and cat shots at the boat is the coolest thing I have ever done in my entire life! No photo or video I've seen does the cat shot any justice. The way I've described it to family is to imagine being parked on the edge of a cliff in a small car and being rear-ended by an 18-wheeler doing aver 100 mph. Good times!

Congrats to all the quals.

I've got a bunch of photos and a few videos. I'll post them soon. Let's get a collection from the K-rock guys and you Meridian folks so we can exchange pics. I know everyone (myself included) wants that exclusive photo of themselves taking their first trap.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey! In pic 4 you can see my engine turning over the nose of 248.

That was a rough det. Got there on Sun and didn't fly again until Wed. My liver almost quit.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Awesome pics... congrats, once again. Do the instructors fly you out and do the first trap/launch, of is it pretty much you all day? How many traps did you get to do?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
scotty008 said:
Awesome pics... congrats, once again. Do the instructors fly you out and do the first trap/launch, of is it pretty much you all day? How many traps did you get to do?

You go to the boat solo, no instructor in your plane. The duals you see will be IPs flying.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
HooverPilot said:
Hey! In pic 4 you can see my engine turning over the nose of 248.

That was a rough det. Got there on Sun and didn't fly again until Wed. My liver almost quit.

Hey hoover, same day, pic of c-2 from navy.mil again

pic 5

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Pictures

Here are a few pics, as promised.

PICT0428.jpg

PICT0429.jpg

PICT0435.jpg

PICT0452.jpg

I've got a bunch more that I will be putting up on my website when I get the time.

Here is a list of jets that I have photos of. If you were in any of the following, PM me with your email address and I'll email them to you.

Most of them were taken on Friday morning. Please share any photos you may have. I'm particularly looking for photos of 252...

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Thanks!

More photos are up on my website now. I'll have an account the event and some videos up in another day or so.

I really need to stop farting around and prepare for my 2 ACM fligths tomorrow. No rest for the wicked...