• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January or February OCS?

Bernie Kosar

If I send up a package to the Navy at the beginning of September (applying for SNA), do I have any chance of getting a January or February OCS slot? If not, any estimates as to how long I will have to wait (after final select, how far out will my OCS class be)?

Thanks for the help!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
billthrill1 said:
Just out of curiosity (because I have thought of this myself), are you trying to get there in the winter so you don't have to run in the scorching @ss heat?

The heat is not that bad, plus most of your hard core PT will be in the morning at 0500.

Brett

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
The heat is not that bad, plus most of your hard core PT will be in the morning at 0500.

Brett

when you say "hard core", what is that exactly? When I went thru basic, it wasn't that bad at all. How does OCS stack up? The hardest part was it was kind of boring and I was always dead @ss tired(not from the PT though).
I've wanted to ask about this for a while, seemed like a good time...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
when you say "hard core", what is that exactly? When I went thru basic, it wasn't that bad at all. How does OCS stack up? The hardest part was it was kind of boring and I was always dead @ss tired(not from the PT though).
I've wanted to ask about this for a while, seemed like a good time...

OCS PT was definitely worse than Boot PT, but it's really not bad at all if you're in decent shape. I was training by running 30 miles/week and was WAY over-prepared when I got there. By hard core, I mean that you'll do more organized PT in the morning which is when we did most of the running, but your DIs will find plenty of "impromptu" opportunities to mash individuals or the entire class. We spent lots of time in the push-up position, or holding various heavy objects like rifles in extended arms, etc. Bottom line, be in shape and mentally prepared for lots of physical exertion, but it's not like you'll be running marathons or anything. I think the farthest my class ever ran was about 5 miles.

Brett