• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jet vs. Helicopter Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascade

Hello all,

I'm a new member to this board after being referred by Marineocs.com. I was told I should lurk here to answer my question, however I'm having a hard time finding a topic which would provide an answer. If I posted this question in the incorrect location, I apologize in advance.

I have a question for pilots or those who are familiar with the differences in missions jet pilots and helicopter pilots carry out. How are they different? What would a jet pilot's day be like vs. a helicopter? Are the two different pilots treated differently?

I don't have question of my wanting to fly, but I'm trying to look at the big picture of what type of aircraft I would like to serve in based upon the different missions they fulfill. I'm looking at the broad scope of the differences in the different platforms. Either attack type helicopters or jets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

phrogpilot73

Try searching for "Need of the Marine Corps"

Don't limit learning about platforms based on what you want to fly, limit your learning to Marines painted on the side.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello all,

I'm a new member to this board after being referred by Marineocs.com. I was told I should lurk here to answer my question, however I'm having a hard time finding a topic which would provide an answer. If I posted this question in the incorrect location, I apologize in advance.

I have a question for pilots or those who are familiar with the differences in missions jet pilots and helicopter pilots carry out. How are they different? What would a jet pilot's day be like vs. a helicopter? Are the two different pilots treated differently?

I don't have question of my wanting to fly, but I'm trying to look at the big picture of what type of aircraft I would like to serve in based upon the different missions they fulfill. I'm looking at the broad scope of the differences in the different platforms. Either attack type helicopters or jets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

This post and thread is all you need to answer your questions:

I haven't seen Kiwi Driver on the site for a few months, but this one's from his fellow RNZAF pilots.

Status
Not open for further replies.