• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jhmcs/aim-9x

Status
Not open for further replies.

WSteig

This is my first post here, so for starters, hello to all.

I know that the JHMCS/AIM-9X combo is operational in the USAF on 3rd FW F-15Cs out of Elmendorf Alaska. I understand that the system, either combined or separate, is also in service with USN Super Hornets. I think I remember reading somewhere that the Rhinos are getting the JHMCS but not AIM-9Xs, which are going to C-model Hornets first? If anyone could provide more details, such as which squadrons have been given the new equipment and whatnot, I'd be greatful.

Thanks.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Why are you so interrested in what squadrons have what?

Dave

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's what I thought too... kinda weird isn't it?

NuSnake

so...tell us a little about yourself buddy. Theres nothin on your profile. Introduce yourself, then ask a question that you probably wont get the answer too.

Also, if this is something released to the public, there would be a record of it somewhere that you could look up. I doubt a NA is just gonna give that info out over an internet forum.

WSteig

Sorry about this guys. I'm 18 and about to graduate HS to head to Tufts University and possibly a career in the military. I just want to know to satisfy my own curiosity as an aviation fan.

If you don't want to answer for OPSEC reasons, obviously that's perfectly fine by me. I didn't think it would be an issue because the AF has made it perfectly clear exactly which units fly with the JHMCS/AIM-9X/AESA (the 12th and 19th FS). I was also given the same information by several AF pilots over on www.f-15e.net. If the Navy has a different policy then I'll certainly respect that.

Again, sorry about causing a fuss.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
if I knew what system he was talking about, that'd be a start.

very specific question from a newbie.. my radar went right up.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
WSteig - Not that I even have a clue what you're asking about, but by the time you would potentially get into a cockpit there is no telling what weapons systems the Navy will employ. You've got a long way to go, which means you've also got lots of time to make yourself look great to an application board. Best of luck if you decide to pursue a career in Naval Aviation.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ben- Then again, systems dating from the 60's may still be employed. After all, it is still a gov't run operation.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
lol gotta love accquesition programs.

my dad did some of that stuff. in his words "At that time, if the Navy didnt make it, it doesnt exist"

B

box

http://www.raytheon.com/products/aim9_x/
http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2004/q1/nr_040224m.html

should somewhat answer your questions

WSteig said:
This is my first post here, so for starters, hello to all.

I know that the JHMCS/AIM-9X combo is operational in the USAF on 3rd FW F-15Cs out of Elmendorf Alaska. I understand that the system, either combined or separate, is also in service with USN Super Hornets. I think I remember reading somewhere that the Rhinos are getting the JHMCS but not AIM-9Xs, which are going to C-model Hornets first? If anyone could provide more details, such as which squadrons have been given the new equipment and whatnot, I'd be greatful.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.