• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

John Boyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I just read this book, John Boyd by Robert Coram. It is a must read for anyone interested in Aviation and the military. BigWorm was the one who recommended it to me, and the book is amazing.

NeoCortex

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Two sentence summary? What's the book about?

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
The book is about John Boyd who was an Air Force Pilot. He came up with the E-M Theory, and is basicly responcible for the F-15 and F-16. He also is the father of Manuiveribility war fare in the Marines, and came up with the attack plan for Desert Storm.

riley

Good summation - Boyd was a genius in all facets of modern warfare. Another good book to read if you are interested in tactics and the changing face of the battlefield is "The New Face of War - How War will be fought in the 21st Century" by Bruce Berkowitz - A Lt. I know that recently graduated from The Basic School told me that was on their reading list. Burkowitz mentions Boyd numerous times.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
I wouldn't say he was a genius as much as he was obsessed. Anything that interfered with his work was just a waste of time. Is it just me, or do all the great minds have something psychotic about their personality?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, we just make everyone else think so. It's all part of our grand plan . . . mwa ha ha ha!!
eyebrows_125.gif
icon_smile_wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.