• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jonny Kim solos the T-6

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I’m trying to remember if the regs actually say anything about mixing warfare device finishes in the first place, but I am far too lazy to look it up.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I’m fairly confident it’s says they have to be the same, but I could be misremembering.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I’m fairly confident it’s says they have to be the same, but I could be misremembering.
You are correct remembering!

IDENTIFICATION BADGES/AWARDS/INSIGNIA
5201.2 B (5) (a) … Wearing breast insignias of different finishes (i.e., anodized and oxidized) is prohibited.

Johnny Kim needs to be standing before “the man!”

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Need to find a chief to correct him with a hard “shipmate”
To which I hope he would respond with: “Thanks, but no thanks, Chief”. ?

I had an old set of wings given to me by a mentor on my winging day. He wore them on his khakis while he was still in and I was honored to have received them. They had become tarnished and looked exactly like those antique wings posted above. I proudly wore them on my khakis.

The antique wings look will always look awesome. And if it’s wrong, I don’t think I’d want to be right.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
To which I hope he would respond with: “Thanks, but no thanks, Fuck off, Chief, go find a pledge to haze”. ?

I had an old set of wings given to me by a mentor on my winging day. He wore them on his khakis while he was still in and I was honored to have received them. They had become tarnished and looked exactly like those antique wings posted above. I proudly wore them on my khakis.

The antique wings look will always look awesome. And if it’s wrong, I don’t think I’d want to be right.

FIFY.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Many of us wore the antique wings with khakis back in the '70's-'80's......but then, I guess we were antiques by today's standards.

My dad, of that era (don't want to date you, but he was '58-79), gave me his antique real gold wings, which I wear if I actually put on something aside from a flight suit, which isn't often nowadays. He also just gave me his similarly antique CDR insignia, which I guess I'll have a use for soon

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

I think people misunderstood. I wasn't asking/saying that the antique finish was not authorized. When in a non-flightsuit (and I wasn't on Shore Patrol), I always wore my gold wings which were never polished, as well.

I was specifically talking about whether the uniform regs addressed the issue for officers' devices. I had really only seen oxidized warfare devices used by enlisted.

Looks like Grizz answered that.