• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Juan Garcia confrimed as ASN (M&RA)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CDR Juan Garcia USNR as been confirmed by the Senate to be the Honorable Juan Garcia, Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Manpower and Reserve Affairs. He is a former Harvard Classmate of the President and fairly well known in Texas where he has served in the state legislature. At one point, it was thought he was a possible nominee for SECNAV. There are four key ASN positions* that along with the Undersecretary, form the SECNAV's "cabinet".

*Financial Management & Comptroller (FM&C), Research, Development & Acquisition (RD&A), Installions & Environment (I&E) as well as M&RA). Another key position highly sought after is the Deputy Undersecretary for Special Operations (Honorable Bill Natter).

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Bwahhh! What a riot. I flew with him down in Corpus and a close relative of his was in my Primary class and then one ahead of me in Advanced and the RAG. He was a good IP...seemed like a really nice guy.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Congrats to him! I flew with him also a couple of times in VT-27 and he was awesome. Seemed to have a real interest in the city while I was down there. There were always rumors (dont know if they were true) that he was roommates with Troy Aikman or had partied with Axl Rose.