• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Junior College and PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velocity

Hey guys. Ive been lurking around the forums for a while now. Finally decided to post. Patmack has been helping me on the side aswell.

So it seems that I will have to go to a JC first before I go to a university. My grades arent that bad. I got a 3.5 last semester which makes my overall GPA ~2.58. Hopefully if I do good again this semester, I will only have to do about 1 year at a JC. But I was wondering how PLC would play out if I had to go to a JC for 1 or 2 years.

1W2gtH

I think it just depends on when your planned date for graduation from a university is. Generally if you are going to the plc combined you will go the summer between your junior and senior year of school.

hoorah2death

i say you better get those grades up really well, because it is so competitive right now that a 2.58 GPA is not competitive at all

Velocity

Yeah. My grades blow but Im going to have to go to a JC. Im almost certain. Ima get my SAT scores soon and I think I did good. So Ill go off that.

1W2gtH

The best thing you can do is bust a gut trying to the best you can in everything that can help you achieve your goal, don't let anything slow you down, you dont want to old and wishing you put a few more thoughts to your school or any thing else.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I go to a JC and got selected this January with an aviation contract. My grades were terrible until I became motivated. I went from a 2.1 to a 3.1 quickly by packing on the credits and good grades. I tell you what, summer classes are a great way to knock a GPA up a few notches. My OSO was confident but really stressed that a good/great PFT can make mediocre grades look better. I contracted with a 243 PFT (which isn't good or great, go figure). I will say that it took forever to hear back after submitting my packet. I hope that helps, Velocity.

Gonzodogg

Don't stress too much about that GPA. Just concentrate on steady improvement in ALL of the areas, it won't go unnoticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.