• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just a quick Apache question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broadsword2004

I am just wondering, and yeah I did google this, but no answer came up for me, but does the Marine Corps use AH-64A Apache helicopters as well as the Army? I ask because I could swear I read that somewhere, but now I can't find anything relating to it.

Broadsword2004

I C; I don't know why, for some reason I had thought they used the Apache too. Maybe I DID read it somewhere and the author of the article was just wrong. Thanx

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Broadsword: This may be redundant, but ... F.Y.I. ...try the link: USMC HELICOPTERS

equip_cobra.jpg
equip_superstallion.jpg
equip_huey.jpg
equip_seaknight.jpg

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
The Marine Corps is about to get the Z model Huey and [Super]Cobra. Not even a cold day in hell will see us purchasing Apaches.
The AH-1Z is a better package than the Longbow anyway. Not only can we "not afford" the Apache, what we couldn't afford is the maintenance costs! It's almost as bad as the Harrier's maintenance to flight-hr ratio. The Super Cobra is proported (sp) to be the cheapest military helo to maintain ever, beaten only by the new Huey.

Status
Not open for further replies.