• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just took the OAR- what are my chances?

GomezRunner

I'm new to the site, and would really like to know your opinions.
I just took the OAR last week and scored a 48.
I am hoping to go Navy Intel or Supply.
I have a BS in Education and a GPA of 3.83

What are my chances?

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Smart answer: Multiply your OAR by your GPA, then divide the number of seats available by today's date. Add the two together. Boom!

Real answer: Look through the forums here and read the threads about stats, OCS boards, etc. People come from all different walks of life and have tons of different stats. I have seen people with a sub 3.0 GPA get selected, and I have seen people with 3.8+ get denied. Same goes for the OAR. There is always more to selection than just those two stats. Good luck with you future application.

exNavyOffRec

I'm new to the site, and would really like to know your opinions.
I just took the OAR last week and scored a 48.
I am hoping to go Navy Intel or Supply.
I have a BS in Education and a GPA of 3.83

What are my chances?

we don't like to play that game here, but you just named 2 of the most difficult designators to get into, and you don't have a relevant degree for those designators, or as they call it "preferred degree"

jakejake527

we don't like to play that game here, but you just named 2 of the most difficult designators to get into, and you don't have a relevant degree for those designators, or as they call it "preferred degree"
just wondering...

what are the top 3 designators that are most difficult to get into?

thanks

exNavyOffRec

just wondering...

what are the top 3 designators that are most difficult to get into?

thanks

This may vary from who you ask, but if you go with non-interview designators you could go with IDC, Supply and AMDO. A person could break down IDC and they would probably compose all 3, it probably wouldn't be so bad if people looked at the preferred degrees and looked at common traits to reduce the board fodder.