• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Katrina & International Support

snizo

Supply Officer
"We gave so much money to Asia after the tsunami ... and we all know that the US won't see a dime of foreign help after this storm"

I've probably heard that a dozen times - and most of you have, too.

CNN Aid Report

The State Department said offers of help had been received from:

Australia, Austria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Belgium, Canada, China, Columbia, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Germany, Guatemala, Greece, Guyana, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Philippines, Portugal, South Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela.
Thats a lot of support - and not all of them are our friends. China, Cuba, UAE among them. Hell - even the Phillippines is offering when they still have their own problems!

Anyway - wanted to put that out there to stop the 'everyone hates america even though we do so much' bs after Katrina.

(Though - I admit that not a single country comes close to what the US gave after the tsunami - but hey we don't need it as badly)

snow85

Come on, the FBI would have given him twins!
the UN is pledging aid as well. granted they need the good press, but the basic sentiment was that the US is always the one to respond to others, and it's time that others responded to us in our time of need.

not sure about what Venezula is offering-- i heard it was oil, but at the moment, we can't refine it. don't know if they altered their offer.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
snow85 said:
not sure about what Venezula is offering-- i heard it was oil, but at the moment, we can't refine it.

Actually, yeah, we can refine it. Newark, NJ and LA... We haven't lost all of our refining capability. Just a sizeable chunk of it. Remember, Newark is still open and so is LA... our other 2 big oil ports. Granted, NOLA was our biggest.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
snow85 said:
not sure about what Venezula is offering-- i heard it was oil, but at the moment, we can't refine it. don't know if they altered their offer.

They also offered military personnel but I can't imagine that we will take them up on that one...foreign troops on US soil...yeah that will go over well...

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What good is water coming from Mexico? We can't drink it anyway. Just a thought.