• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Keep or retake ASTB?

jrbltf88

I am submitting my service selection application in early September for SNA and was wondering if I should keep my current ASTB score or retake it.

I received a 6/7/6 on my first attempt, I am tier 3 major with a 3.0 GPA, PRT of 92, and I am ranked in the middle amongst my peers at NROTC.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am submitting my service selection application in early September for SNA and was wondering if I should keep my current ASTB score or retake it.

I received a 6/7/6 on my first attempt, I am tier 3 major with a 3.0 GPA, PRT of 92, and I am ranked in the middle amongst my peers at NROTC.

I would suggest you talk to your aviation advisor and even talk to peers who have service selected recently (1-2 years) and see where you stack. You can also find a few posts around here as well.

CorsairDriver

"No Slack in Light Attack!"
pilot

Recommend retake with Tier 3 Major, 3.0 GPA and Mid Pack ranking to improve your probabilities. Study hard to improve your chances. Triple 777s will get you in the ball game. Don't leave anything to chance!

The last NROTC selections from two schools in FL I was able to canvas, 676 were in general, non-selects for SNA. Even SNFO as second choices were thin at that ASTB score (666). Nuke Draft Selections (SUB and SWO-N) this last NROTC Cycle were nearing double of the previous year through all the NROTC Schools, collecting up a lot of potential Aviators with ENG Degrees, High PNS Scores and High GPAs. All the stuff they value for class ranking. With the amount of 1st Commitment LTs leaving the SUB and SWO-N Communities, I would expect this years cycle to be the same. In addition, NROTC had fewer overall SNA selects than the previous years as well, and were lower in total percentages than USNA SNA selects when in prior year, they were roughly the same.

While you'll find the occasional OCS select with a 676 for SNA/SNFO, it's becoming far more uncommon.