• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kingsville T-45 down

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah, I flew with the stud earlier in the day. Glad they got out safely.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Glad they're ok, as a taller/larger individual my greatest fear was having to get out of that tiny jet and go through the glass.

MasterBates

Yeah. I was sure I was getting a callsign of "stumpy" or "peg leg" if I punched out of an A model.. C model is not much bigger, but just enough to make me comfortable.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Yeah. I was sure I was getting a callsign of "stumpy" or "peg leg" if I punched out of an A model.. C model is not much bigger, but just enough to make me comfortable.

You should've tried the TA-4J. The first time it really sank in that I'd lose my legs in an ejection was on the deck of the JFK during CQ.

Probably not the most productive thing to be contemplating while getting fuel.

MasterBates

Having been in a TA-4, I think I would have stood a better chance of being OK in it.

Narrower, but longer. Neither was roomy.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor

I have no idea at all how the hell you fit in this thing Master...

Glad to hear everyone got out OK.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Having been in a TA-4, I think I would have stood a better chance of being OK in it.

Narrower, but longer. Neither was roomy.

I've never flown in the T-45, but I sat in it once. I thought it was roomier, but maybe it's just my proportions. My biggest problem anthropometriclly was butt to knee length. My sitting height is actually normal to low.

Either way, I'm glad I never had to punch out of either of them.

The Harrier has much more room.