• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Landing Gear -- "Three down and locked...F#@K"

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I saw this guy fly at the Pensacola air show last fall in his F-86. Beautiful plane and demo... hope the plane wasn't too badly damaged!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
nugget81 said:
There are two types of pilots in the world:
1. Those who have landed gear up
2. Those who will....

Sorry ... don't want to hurt your "feelings", nugget ... :) .... But .... that's complete bullsh!t. Suggestion: don't buy into know-nothing "sayings" like that ... you'll be way ahead.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
I've seen him fly several times at Airshows, he's a great pilot for sure. He was the (or one of the first) first pilot out of flight school to ever get Tomcats is what I heard at an airshow.

Aside from the warning indicators in the cockpit, I'm wondering why the tower didn't catch this in time, if at all?

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
That sucks. I bet that ruined the poor dudes day. Everyone makes mistakes I guess.

snort

Banned
nugget81 said:
There are two types of pilots in the world:
1. Those who have landed gear up
2. Those who will....
Nah, those who will have a safe cat launch, and those that don't.

(Warning and note to readers: snort has not been able to verify that he is a Naval Aviator

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
flysupertomcat said:
Aside from the warning indicators in the cockpit, I'm wondering why the tower didn't catch this in time, if at all?

Coffee sippers... don't trust em. I have a whole whopping 2 years of Naval aviation experience and tower has tried to kill me more than a handful of times.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
flysupertomcat said:

Remember the relationship between ATC and pilots:

-If the pilot screws up badly, the pilot dies.
-If ATC screws up badly, the pilot dies.

And just like Fly said, in my (slightly shorter) aviation experience I've had enough backwards clearances, wrong-way vectors and mistimed calls for downwind to put my faith in someone else. It's your airplane . . . and as this shows sh*t can happen to the best of us . . .