• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Laser Correction

Burned_Follower

Hopefully, I'll be going to OCS in about a year. My goal is to become a combat pilot in the USMC. The only problem I'm running into is this: I do not have 20/20 vision.
I know that it is a requirement to have 20/20 vision, but before I call an OSO about this I wanted to see if I can get my question answered here first:
If I got laser surgery done on my eyes so that they 'have' 20/20, can I then be qualified in that area?
I'm just wondering if having surgery on my eyes disqualifies me on anything. :eek:

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow. Not even a "use the search funtion" anymore. Airwarriors is moving up in sophistication. Short answer: Yes. Now go straight to the OSO and say you're in!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
You don't need 20/20 to be a pilot in the Marine Corps. I believe it's 20/40, corrected to 20/20. Have to fall within a certain diopter range as well, or whatever it's called. As long as you meet that, the selection process as nothing to do with eyesight.