• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN LASIK before Navy OCS? - Navy pilot (SNA)

I-BarDude

Hey,
So i'm currently a senior in college and want to join the Navy to be a Navy pilot after college. I plan on going to OCS after I graduate, but I wear contact/glasses. From my understanding my eyes are outside the Navy SNA requirements (pasted below). My myopia is greater than -1.50 diopters and I have an astigmatism of -1.25. I have no other known eyes issues, i'm just nearsighted.
So, my plan is to get LASIK (or maybe PRK) before I finish college and go to MEPS to complete my OCS SNA package. It looks like both surgeries fix and correct my eyes to 20/20. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and if I will be all set to join and start flight school as a SNA? I'm talking to my recruiter now and they are very helpful/supportive about the process.

Cheers!

SNA Eye Standards/Requirements: https://www.med.navy.mil/Portals/62...nts for pilot training,, eye chart (Goodlite).

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey,
So i'm currently a senior in college and want to join the Navy to be a Navy pilot after college. I plan on going to OCS after I graduate, but I wear contact/glasses. From my understanding my eyes are outside the Navy SNA requirements (pasted below). My myopia is greater than -1.50 diopters and I have an astigmatism of -1.25. I have no other known eyes issues, i'm just nearsighted.
So, my plan is to get LASIK (or maybe PRK) before I finish college and go to MEPS to complete my OCS SNA package. It looks like both surgeries fix and correct my eyes to 20/20. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and if I will be all set to join and start flight school as a SNA? I'm talking to my recruiter now and they are very helpful/supportive about the process.

Cheers!

SNA Eye Standards/Requirements: https://www.med.navy.mil/Portals/62/Documents/NMFSC/NMOTC/NAMI/ARWG/Waiver Guide/01_Physical_Standards_210128.pdf?ver=220zgsVdM5ZT2VR9llBScA==#:~:text=All applicants for pilot training,, eye chart (Goodlite).

Welcome to the page. The new guy posts are strongly discouraged and there's a ton of information you can find on here, including a "mega" LASIK forum to help find your answer. Similar advice for future questions you may have. Good luck.

homeboy1233

Your situation is very similar to mine.

You can certainly do LASIK or PRK to be up to SNA's standards, but you'll need to wait at least 6 months after surgery to be medically cleared by N3M to apply for the board. I would try to get the surgery done before the end of the year if you want to head to OCS right after you graduate since the process is going to be a long shot.

Feel free to DM me if you have more ?'s.