• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Last K-Ville T-45 Mishap

FA-18 Mousse

Reserve Hornet Bubba
pilot
Any gouge out there on the cause of the last K-ville T-45 mishap in late Oct? Interested in knowing if it was a new "C" bird and what may have caused the two guys to jump out.

Thanks....

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Generally we just try and keep the info matching w/ what's released publicly so there's no FOUO issues. But beyond that, I'm not a jet guy, so I don't even know what incident you're talking about.

Chubby

Heard they sucked a bird through the intake. Both ejected and are OK. If that's TMI then feel free to pull this.

KBayDog

General Question

In the Orange-and-White world, how long after such an event (or any major mishap) does a stud normally get back in the cockpit?

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
It can vary widely. When there is clearly no pilot error, it's really just a matter of when he or she is medically qualified to get back in the cockpit.

If they really fooked something up, then I imagine it would take a bit longer. However long a FENAB (or equivalent) would take I guess. I haven't seen a case of that yet. I have seen the first case though, and the chain of command has been incredibly supportive of the stud(s).

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
I know both the stud and IP and most of the info went public pretty quick so I feel safe talking about it...they merely sucked a bird down the motor on downwind...heard the motor chug...saw they were on fire soon after and punched....stud broke his ankle...IP unhurt..stud is med up now and flying again...I was getting ready to stand RDO on the rock when it happened..and it was an A model jet

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
FA-18 Mousse said:
Thanks Gents.....just asking.

My first post may have come off more harsh than intended. Based off your member date and other posts, it looked like you're "fairly" new to the boards, but based off your bio, I also know this ain't your first rodeo, so I just making sure everyone was on the same page.

FA-18 Mousse

Reserve Hornet Bubba
pilot
No worries Gatordev. Just getting my feet wet on the board. Also glad to hear that both dudes got out fine and are back in the air.