• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Length of NFO Intermediate & Advanced

zlerner

USMC SNFO
I just graduated NFO Primary and finished up my instrument sims (I3000 series) today. Does anyone have a guess as to how long Intermediate and Advanced (Strike & Strike Fighter) are?

Thanks

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Inspired by your name:

jay-as-bob.jpg

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
I realize this is an NFO discussion but as it's relevant: does anyone have the real pipeline info (one without S-3s, F-14s, etc.) for NFOs and pilots? I mean the current one, since SNA "intermediate" has been replaced by more airways nav and cruise forms in Primary. All of this info (even the NFO stuff) seems a bit dated, from what I hear from my SNFO buddies.

edit never mind, it's right there on the CNATRA page...just a caveat to check the actual command for info

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No AirNav in Primary, just more RIs. Yes, I know they're essentially the same, but that's what the syllabus calls em.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Lunchbox said:
I just graduated NFO Primary and finished up my instrument sims (I3000 series) today. Does anyone have a guess as to how long Intermediate and Advanced (Strike & Strike Fighter) are?

Thanks

I started Intermediate in April 2004, finished end of August 2004. Started Advanced in September 2004, winged in May 2005. I was a Strike/Fighter bub... most of my Strike compadres who started with me were February 2005 wingees as I recall....

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
F-14s and S-3s just weren't supposed to retire this quickly. It's one reason for the backup in the training command.

USMMAMid03

Started VT-86 28Feb05 and wing 30Sept05 (S/F). Strike (Prowler) guys in my class started middle of May and are finishing with me. I wasnt supposed to actually finish until 30Oct.