• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Length of Primary. Intermidiate, and Advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARJAK

I was recently selected for the BDCP with a SNA slot, and have been trying to find some information on how long each indivdual school is after API. I have yet to find someone who knows. If anyone out there has some accurate information concerning this question, please let me know.

JKelly

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
here is a link:

http://navyrotc.mit.edu/www/aviation/pipeline_pilot.stm

Total is about 1.5 to 2 years for winging.

Aimee

CHILL!!! I am sure MEPS would not have given you the all clear just to send you to OCS to be sent home (regardless of what some people post on here). If you keep reading the posts on this website, you will freak yourself out. Let's enjoy our last few weeks of freedom!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Aimee, I don't want to add more fuel to the fire, but the MEPs (or commissioning) physical, and the one you recieve at NAMI are two completely different beasts. One of the guys I went through NROTC with, and was going to be in my API class got NPQd for his eyes while going through the exam, luckily for him, they let him retake the exam after API, if he would have failed a second time, he would have gone NFO.

The best thing I can say about those stressing out about passing the eye exam, just take it easy on your eyes before you have the physical. Eliminate your sources of eye stress, watching TV or the computer, reading, and get a good nights sleep! Also, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, you should be getting up in the middle of the night since you would explode with all the water you should be drinking.

I know EXACTLY what you are going through, the eye exam was my biggest concern, so much so, that I went to a civilian eye doctor and paid like $60 or so on an indepth eye exam. I told them what I was applying for, and they were great, spent alot of time with me, and explained all the possible tests to me. Best soul soothing $$ I have ever spent.

Oh well, my 2 cents...

CARJAK

I have not been through API nor OCS for that matter, but I have to agree with John. You shouldn't get yourself stressed out, but you should be aware of what is ahead of you. The information that is provided on this site is not there to send people into panic, but to make people informed candidates. So I would say read the gouge, but don't worry over something that you really don't have much control over, other that doing as John sugested above.

jrklr

so if you mess up on a couple of things on the NAMI eye exam you have to be lucky to be able to take it over again?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
jrklr, I think his was an odd case, where he was right on the line with something, and he asked to be retested.

Rainman

pilot
Hey CARJAK that time line is a pretty tough one to answer more definitely. Right now, for example, there is a 2-3 month wait to start advanced helos. Last fall I knew some cases that also waited three months between API and Primary. . . Also some jet studs that waited seven months early last year (between primary and intermediate). Sooo. . . be flexible, don't get injured, take advantage of all the possible down time.

Semper Fi

CARJAK

Thanks Rainman,
What is your background if you don't mind me asking. I'm still in College at UTEP, and will not start OCS probably until Feb. of next year. I am very excited, and want to find out as much info as possible about the training, so if you can give me some advise on what to start looking at or if I should even be worried about it at this point, please let me know. I for now am trying to focus on OCS and getting prepeared, but knowing what lies ahead has never hurt anyone.

Rainman

pilot
In primary at NASWF, selecting next month. Most important thing is to do what you're doing. Get physically and mentally prepared for OCS! Of course, I can't imagine that taking 12 months. Do you have flight time? Stay fit & healthy.

CARJAK

No I don't have any flight time, but I have been contemplating going out and getting some time in at the local airport. I don't know if that will be any benefit though, since I have already been selected. I hope it doesn't take me that long to get peopared for OCS, but I don't want to arrive in Penesecola, and have to worry about PT or anything of that nature.

Rainman

pilot
I thought the Navy was having all OCS dudes do IFS (introductory flight syllabus) after graduation now, but I'm not sure. With few exceptions all of the super high NSS scores are folks with flight time. Not the say that it is necessary to get what you want; Clearly, the program is designed for you not to have it.

I think it comes down to this: the dude that was going to do well without flight time (work ethic, "gets" things quickly, etc.) will do a little better with some flight time.

On the other hand, but waiting you should get 25 hours of civilian time after OCS in the IFS program. I spent a few thousand dollars getting my PPL and believe it to be money well spent.

$.02

Status
Not open for further replies.