• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Letters of Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Burke

That's not too many at all. They only asked me for a couple and I gave them 7. It impressed my recruiter quite a bit and since they have to write a blurb about you then the more you can impress them the better it is for you. As far as how to get the letters addressed I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as it is somewhat close and says something about the Navy then it'll be ok.

el_riddle

60 bubba
before having my eyes opended i inicially applied for the air force. they required a 5 letters. when i pulled my application in order to go navy, my recruiter told me to pick the top three of those. he said they only read three...so take that for what its worth.
i can't remember where it was discussed before, but i wrote at length on another string about the types of letters i had and they seemed to work.
luke

Gator

Michael,
I think that 6 should be more than enough. I submitted 5 with my package. Most of my letters of recommendation were written by those that I worked with when I was in the Marines. Because of this they were just general letters of recommendation and were addressed to "To whom it may concern." None of my letters even said anything about the Navy or Naval Aviation and I was still selected. In my experience it's what the letter actually says about your character, past accomplishments and other attributes that you possess that counts. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.