• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Liberty and letters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amymargolius

I have heard so many different things regarding how often, when and how liberty works at Marine Corps OCS. Can someone PLEASE give me the straight story on how often I can expect to see my fiance, and starting when? The third weekend, or the forth weekend? For how long? I'm only about a half hour from Quantico.
Also, what's the deal with writing letters? How often do they get to write?
Thanks!

Taxman2A

War were declared.
It works this way...
Your fiance will show up on a sunday (sometimes saturday)... He will be in processing for a few days, and start actual OCS on a wednesday. That next weekend he will not have liberty. He will train for another week, and have no liberty that weekend either. Then after the next week he will get liberty on saturday afternoon. I always considered this the third weekend, but if you count that sunday or saturday he showed up as the "first weekend" then I guess it would be the 4th...

Liberty will usually start saturday at about 4 PM and end sunday at about 4 PM. As for writing letters- he can write every night if he wants to, but it will have to be after lights out. I had a real tough time getting letters back to my fiance when I was at OCS because I would usually just pass out immediately after taps.

amymargolius

So, assuming that the first potential liberty is at the end of the third week of OCS (Sat June 26), I am wondering if anyone has thoughts/info on my potential plan for meeting my fiance that weekend. Since I'm only about 30 min. from Quantico, I'm thinking I'll send my fiance a letter telling him to meet me at the coffee shop on the corner in Q-town whenenver (if!) he gets liberty that day. I'm thinking I'll bring a good book and just hang out there and wait, so that I can see him as soon as possible.
Does anyone know of any reason that plan might not work, or why my fiance might not want that? Our current plan was for him to call me as soon as he's free, but this will save the "waiting by the phone" agony (particularly if there's a long line for payphones) and give me something to do with my anxiety. Thoughts?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sounds like a good plan, I didnt have one when I went thrugh in 95 but a cell phone would save on the line. I would have wanted to see my girlfriend if I could but there will bethings he needs to do like buy stuff and most of all sleep and eat so as long as you realize that Im sure it will be really nice for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.