• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Life as an enlisted AW?

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
I've decided that I'll be enlisting in the very near future and, after reading over the published responsibilities of the various ratings, AW caught my eye as something that sounds like a good way to spend five years. I was wondering if some of you, who have been there and done that, would be able to shed some real world light on one's life as an AW. What does the technical training that the list of responsibilities mention consist of? What is life like in the different aviation communities? I also noticed something about the option to go to ARSS and was curious as to whether or not anybody here has any experience with that.

Edit: I thought I should probably add that I'm also looking to hear negatives regarding either the rating or enlisted life in general. Always better to know both sides of the coin.

alrodeck

Uhh, what is the next step in the EP?
So how is the navy thing working for you? I used to be an AW2, loved it, now training to be a pilot...what squadron did you get?