• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lil help please. FOD reflective tape source?

spectr17

Navy buddy is looking for some FOD reflective tape. I was USAF so I'm not sure what he is after. He is saying the 3M and other reflective tapes found in a Google search are not what he is after. Not being in Navy aviation I don't have a clue what he is looking for. Maybe a drawing would help, he doesn't have a pic of it. Thanks for any help

I need some quick help and information. When I was in the Navy (30 years ago) I worked in aviation. All of our tools were marked with what we called FOD tape. The tape was reflective and had different color patterns depending on the shop you worked out of. The tape I am talking of was about 1/4-1/2" wide and had different color stripes

I have been searching for this type of tape to use for marking our equipment on our fire and rescue trucks without any luck.

Does the Military still use this tape and if so is it possible for some one to identify the supplier for me so that I might be able to contact them?

I really appreciate any help, thanks!

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I don't think anybody uses this stuff anymore. All the tools are etched with identifying numbers as to squadron/shop/box etc. Never seen "FOD tape" before.

In all seriousness, it sounds like a good idea......but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was banned because the tape itself was becoming FOD. Just a guess, though.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Navy buddy is looking for some FOD reflective tape. I was USAF so I'm not sure what he is after. He is saying the 3M and other reflective tapes found in a Google search are not what he is after. Not being in Navy aviation I don't have a clue what he is looking for. Maybe a drawing would help, he doesn't have a pic of it. Thanks for any help

In my old fire dept we got a new engine and it was striped professionally. They did use a 3M reflective tape that came in various widths and colors. I'd advise your friend to find out where the local police dept gets their vehicles customized. We had one shop in our county that did all the police and fire/rescue vehicles.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
It sounds like the tape we mark our cranials with and use to "decorate" (for lack of a better word) our flight helmets.