• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Loan Reimbursement?

RS4NAVY

I am hoping some of you very informed ladies and gentleman could help me out with another question. I know that I have read that there are college loan reimbursement possibilities for enlisted, but does it work the same through OCS? I don't have a large loan at all (maybe at about $2000 right now), but it'd still be nice to have it paid off. Just wondering! Thanks in advance.

MasterBates

There was the College Loan Repayment Program. Was to pay off up to $45K of FEDERAL student loans. Program did not get many people (93 I think), I was one of them. It was geared towards those that owed a ton of money, so that they would not be scared off by Ensign pay.

Program was CANX'd. The Navy gave us the option to get out no questions asked, but only 3 or 4 took it, IIRC. FWIW, it was late september 01 when they gave us the choice.

$2K is nothing in the big scope. I owed over $106K when I graduated.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The short answer to your question is no, there is no officer loan repayment program in place. If you're still in school your best bet is to try for the BDCP deal. You'll make E-3 until you graduate, at which point you'll get E-5.