• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Long Beach, CA mayoral candidate upset over Hornets

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
She should move up to Coupeville, WA and hang out with the whiners there, they have it down to a profession.
Pickle

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
For the record, I'd love to attach that picture to all the noise complaint email responses I have to send.
The moments of happy satisfaction would soon be outweighed by the ass-pain when the sent my response to the city, the paper, the Region, etc.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_23753446/tim-grobaty-sound-freedom-or-irksome-racket

"We have heard from two sources in Long Beach government that the councilwoman and mayoral candidate asked the U.S. Marine Corps for a formal apology for disturbing her current and possibly future constituents,but no one's come out on the record".
Just another pol opportunist... conjure up a "cause", find a politically friendly reporter/paper, and get free advertising.:rolleyes:

1. The nearest Hornet bases to LGB, are NKX ~100nm & NLC ~120nm. LGB exposure to Hornet 'music' would be minimal at best.:p

2. If she wants to hear a Hornet concerto, can absorb a full day/evening in La Jolla, right under the NKX departure corridor :eek:
BzB

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
NVf7vWj.jpg

ben4prez

pilot
When I was an IP out at VMFAT-101 (home base, KNKX), as of late 2012, Long Beach (KLGB) was a preferred destination for weekend cross countries. Mostly because we were all banned the year prior from Palm Springs for...you guessed it...being too loud.

Interestingly, every Saturday when we took off, the runways were lined with photographers waiting to catch snap shots of us taking off and landing.

paddybh1583

OCS 6 OCT 2013
When I was an IP out at VMFAT-101 (home base, KNKX), as of late 2012, Long Beach (KLGB) was a preferred destination for weekend cross countries. Mostly because we were all banned the year prior from Palm Springs for...you guessed it...being too loud.

Interestingly, every Saturday when we took off, the runways were lined with photographers waiting to catch snap shots of us taking off and landing.
I currently work at KLGB and photographers are still there every weekend. With Boeing's presence on the field I would imagine it would be a difficult fight to ban military aircraft.