• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Look familiar to anyone?

skidz

adrenaline junky
I found this in the way back of a drawer in my Grandfather's old desk. I knew he did some flight training with the Navy before he went to West Point, but didn't even think he would keep his log book for so long. I only took pics of the first pages, but take a look.

Attachments

• IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    374.3 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    395.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    301.3 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 182

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Looks like instructors wrote the same thing then as they do now.

Also, I guess your grandfather filled out the front before he read that is was supposed to be printed, huh?

hehe

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
I found this in the way back of a drawer in my Grandfather's old desk. I knew he did some flight training with the Navy before he went to West Point, but didn't even think he would keep his log book for so long. I only took pics of the first pages, but take a look.

Woah! He must have been one of A4's 1st studs!

skidz

adrenaline junky
He's had quite a few strokes over the past few yrs and has lost a lot of his memory. Luckily, some of his strokes set him back to another time, which was when I got many of the stories from him. One set him back to probably the early 50's and he could talk of his days in Naval Flight training and his time at West Point as if it was yesterday. Best line I ever heard from him - "Well, I was training to be a pilot in the Navy for about a year till I noticed that I get both sea and air sick, so I went to West Point instead." Retired as an O-5 after being in both the Korean War and Vietnam War, so he did well.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Those are really cool. Thats something you can put with your flight school grade sheets and pass down through the years, maybe start a family tradition. Very nice find.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pretty cool. I see they were using MNTS back then..... only the grading is now reversed.
I noticed the same thing and thought "Wow, some 4s already . . . SH!" Then I clicked on the page with the grading guide. Oof. But everyone that's been through flight school has had "those flights."