• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

looking for leather bomber jacket for aircrew men only

Kimmy

Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if anyone could answer it would be greatly appreciated. My fiancee is an Airfare Systems Warfare Operator and rescue swimmer. He was issued a brown leather bomber jacket specific for aircrew men. He told me that these were only distributed by the military and never sold (to civilians). Well he lost this jacket when we relocated after restationing. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible to get another jacket and how or where.

I tried looking online and I think this may be it. Could anyone confirm:
http://www.flightjacket.com/g1-jacket.html

Thanks!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The jacket is issued flight gear, as opposed to a uniform item he'd have to replace on his own dime. So he could just get reissued a new one. I imagine it's a pile of paperwork, but those jackets aren't cheap. No reason to drop 3-4 Bens of your own if you don't have to. Tell him to talk to his riggers and find out where the supply/flight gear issue is on his base.

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
It's also possible for him to get a replacement issued from his command. He has to fill out some paperwork through his supply department and have it signed by his Commanding Officer verifying that he did in fact lose it or that it was stolen and he didn't sell it or give it away. After that is done, they'll order him a new one. Usually takes a few months to get it all completed, but it's free. If your intent is to buy him a nice replacement as a gift, the one in your link is a good jacket. Lots of folks buy aftermarket G-1's and find them more comfortable.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if anyone could answer it would be greatly appreciated. My fiancee is an Airfare Systems Warfare Operator and rescue swimmer. He was issued a brown leather bomber jacket specific for aircrew men. He told me that these were only distributed by the military and never sold (to civilians). Well he lost this jacket when we relocated after restationing. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible to get another jacket and how or where.

I tried looking online and I think this may be it. Could anyone confirm:
http://www.flightjacket.com/g1-jacket.html

Thanks!

Aviation Warfare Systems Operator ;)

robav8r

None
Contributor
He has to fill out some paperwork through his supply department and have it signed by his Commanding Officer verifying that he did in fact lose it or that it was stolen and he didn't sell it or give it away.

DD Form 200 (Survey Form) I believe . . . .