• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for suggestions for the test

Michingae

I will taking the entrance test in a couple of weeks to put in for OCS. It has been 16 years since I have had to take a test like this. I am looking for any suggestions from those who have recently taken it for areas that would be good to concentrate my studies. Any suggestions on any part of the test would be greatly appreciated!

schwarti

Contributor
Do you mean the ASTB? There are some ASTB-specific test prep books out there; the one I used was the ARCO book. Consensus seems to be that it's the best one out there, but there's some debate on that. Check out any SAT/GRE prep book or course for test-taking strategies and math/verbal prep, and any basic physics book should help with the mechanical part. As for the other sections, I didn't take 'em, but there's gouge out there. I'm sure someone else can point you to it.

Edit: Aaaand most important, you should search this site. This has definitely been gone over many times, so it should be very easy to get some great info.