• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lord Vader your Prowler has arrived...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Lawman

None
Brett327 said:
That's VAQ-209 (reserve Prowler squadron based out of Andrews). They have a whole Star Wars theme going. Maple Flag is a good time and you usually get to play with more foreign folks than at a Red Flag or Fallon.

Brett

So the big plus over Red Flag isnt neccesarily that theres less Air Force, just that its less of our Air Force.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Brett327 said:
That's VAQ-209 (reserve Prowler squadron based out of Andrews). They have a whole Star Wars theme going. Maple Flag is a good time and you usually get to play with more foreign folks than at a Red Flag or Fallon.

Brett

Yea, Pretty easy to tell the squadron was established in 1977. I'd say it was the suckiest patch of any squadron I was in but then I was in VAQ-35 that had the "Lassie on PCP" patch.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Pugs said:
Yea, Pretty easy to tell the squadron was established in 1977.

I still say the squadron motto should be "Seemed like a good idea at the time!"

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Barnard1425 said:
Hey, I dig Star Wars as much as the next guy. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna paint Han Solo's likeness on the side of my El Camino.

It would be pretty funny though

FlyingBeagle

pilot
Lawman said:
So the big plus over Red Flag isnt neccesarily that theres less Air Force, just that its less of our Air Force.

Maybe you should give the AF the benefit of the doubt until you actually join the military and encounter some of them.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
I have never eaten poop, but I know I don't like the taste.
I couldn't have said it better myself. :D (he said poop)

Brett

Lawman

None
FlyingBeagle said:
Maybe you should give the AF the benefit of the doubt until you actually join the military and encounter some of them.

Father was an NCO in Air Force combat Medicine. Did the whole Civil Air Patrol thing when I was younger. Ive had plenty of exposure to enough Air Force personel that I know I just dont like the way they do things. Unless you can somehow explain to me the good behind doing my Flight Physical at WPAFB and it sitting on a desk of a SSgt for 6 months when all it needs is a signature from the primary resident because he has an attitude of "Well its not my service so F'um."

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Blutonski816 said:
That cobra looks like it's gasping....
Gay indeed...
143's greatest accomplishment was taking up 20 extra parking spaces for 8 months.

Brett