• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Low Flying Blue Angel

UMichfly

pilot
None
Nice video. The comments on those things are golden. One asshat thinks the vapes coming off the plane are water being pulled off the surface of the ocean and the other guy says that they're the result of him breaking the sound barrier. Rocket surgeons I tell you...brilliant! :D

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
The vapors are the physical manifestation of how the Blue Angels 'terrorize small children, seniors, pets and local wildlife.'

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm sure it was harmful to the water and upset the feng-shui of the water's surface. :D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
the other guy says that they're the result of him breaking the sound barrier.

Isn't that what it is? Granted he's not breaking the barrier yet, but he's right on the edge and that's the cone, no?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Isn't that what it is? Granted he's not breaking the barrier yet, but he's right on the edge and that's the cone, no?
Yes, but there is no "barrier." He is probably transonic. The cones are shock waves, with associated pressure drop and condensation and are indicative of transonic flow. Supersonic flight starts when all airflow around the aircraft is supersonic.

:glasses_1

I'm sure it . . . upset the feng-shui of the water's surface. :D
Is that what the hippies are calling surface tension these days? :icon_tong

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yes, but there is no "barrier." He is probably transonic. The cones are shock waves, with associated pressure drop and condensation and are indicative of transonic flow. Supersonic flight starts when all airflow around the aircraft is supersonic.

As long as he's not Plaid. I understand what you're saying. My description is more of a helo-man's description.

MasterBates

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!

plaid2.jpg

fudog50

Air parcels contain H2O molecules. I thought "vapes" at subsonic speeds were simply the aircraft surfaces compressing the air parcels until the water squeezes out?

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
...I thought "vapes" ... were simply the aircraft surfaces compressing the air parcels until the water squeezes out?

Heh heh. I'm writing that down in my little "quotable quotes" book. It's getting to be multiple pages now.