• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Low GPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsavy10

I am currently gathering all of the necessary information for my application, and I am starting to get a little nervous. I graduated from Tulane University with a degree in Finance. The problem is that my GPA was a 2.3. Yes, all of the distractions in New Orleans got the best of me my freshman and sophmore year. However, I got a 58 on my ASTB, and I am hoping that this will help make up for such a low GPA. Any thoughts?

ghost_ttu

For SNA the minimum gpa was just raised to 2.5 Are you wanting to fly? Your options are to wait and see if they drop the gpa (that could take awhile), try the airforce (you will need atleast a private pilot's license for a pilot slot), go back to school and retake some of your low classes and have them replaced and that is the FASTEST way to improve your gpa because they will look at an adjusted gpa. Or go after your masters and do two years rotc, I know airforce will allow this, I haven't checked Navy yet, but you will be guaranteed your commission this route, but you will not be guaranteed a pilot slot.

Goliath112

i agree with ghost. I had 2 F's and all A's and B's. The 2 F's gave me a 2.4 GPA. when I retook them I came out with a 3.2 GPA.

have I got a long way to run...

SHADHERRENKOHL

I WAS ACCEPTED INTO THE AVIATION COMMUNITY(PILOTS SLOT)
WITH JUST A 2.4G.P.A. GRANTED THAT WAS A LITTLE OVER
TWO YEARS AGO.

ghost_ttu

I'm just gonna get a collection of rejections so I'll have a better story when I get to OCS. I have a 2.57

Status
Not open for further replies.