• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Maoism alive and well Chairman

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Come now Comrade, we all know that religion is the opiate of the masses... after all, "We have entered a new era today ... the dream of the whole nation."

Better start believing the dream ... or else.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Republic" my foot. We'll see how long it takes them to undergo a Cultural Revolution and a Great Leap Forward.

(Insert A4s' sig here . . .:icon_tong)

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Mao--the greatest plagiarist of modern times.
Ironic that the Chinese reverse-engineer everything. If they hadanyy original ingenuity, they would have figured out human cloning years ago aftern watching a bootleg copy of Universal Soldier.

Because India has no Communist ties, right?

I don't think it's a huge stretch to suggest that Nepal's proximity to Red China helped the takeover. Mind the ironic imagery.

But yeah, pretty slow domino.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor

I don't think it's a huge stretch to suggest that Nepal's proximity to Red China helped the takeover. Mind the ironic imagery.

Ok, let's be serious here for a second.

1) The Indians only got involved with the Reds (like Nassar) because they offered a better perk package.

2) How do you explain the Sandanistas? Sure, proximity makes agitation easier / puts like-minds together, but so does a pissed-off and fed-up populace. It's only one piece of the puzzle.

3) Domino theory never worked out predictably anywhere and probably never will. You're either pre-disposed to Scarlet Fever, or you aren't.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

India's Communist party actually supports the current government coalition, but they don't hav emuch real power. They can make some noise and play spoiler, like with the US-India nuclear agreement, but they have little real power.

India has its own Maoist rebellion, they are called the Naxalites there. They are not a serious threat, but they are making some trouble. Like in Nepal, they garner some support from the peasants who live in the poverty stricken areas.

http://www.economist.com/world/asia/displaystory.cfm?story_id=7799247

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/04/17/opinion/edbowring.php

P.S. I wonder what this does to Gurkha recruiting? I imagine the Maoists won't be able to stop it, since the salaries and pensions from the Gurkhas provide a lot of income for the country.

I'm not suggesting that the world is going to fall under a global communist takeover. I just don't think it's a coincidence that the lasting Commie countries seem to grow off of Russia and China like tumors.