• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 1999 Issue of Approach

NavyBlueRaider

I was wondering if anybody had a copy of the March 1999 issue of Approach. There is an article in there that I would like to read written by Lt. Jason Klein. I've also already checked on the internet and couldn't find it. Thanks for the help

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
I'm sorry I don't have it but I thought I would piggyback on your thread.

I'm looking for an old issue of Approach with an article called something to the effect of "The Flying Admiral." I think the article describes a HAC forgetting he had an admiral on the hook, does some sort of quickstop and here comes the admiral out in front of the helicopter, basically eye to eye with the pilots. One of my co-workers, Rocky Laws, former Vietnam era marine corps helo god told me that one. I haven't found it yet.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have you tried here? It list's an index that goes back to 1999... They list a March 1999 issue.

P3 F0

None
Have you tried here? It list's an index that goes back to 1999... They list a March 1999 issue.
That's the first place I would have tried, but with my browser, it seems like there are only a few issues from the last half of 1999. The issues below that are from the first half of 2000. The closest I could get was checking the article archive index for Mar 99, which does list "Lt. Jason Klein, “Thank Goodness for a $2 Battery!” Check your survival gear thoroughly." Unfortunately, no links to the article.

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
That's the first place I would have tried, but with my browser, it seems like there are only a few issues from the last half of 1999. The issues below that are from the first half of 2000. The closest I could get was checking the article archive index for Mar 99, which does list "Lt. Jason Klein, “Thank Goodness for a $2 Battery!” Check your survival gear thoroughly." Unfortunately, no links to the article.

How important is this to you? I mean, I could hunt him down, but I'm lazy and it would be a pain in the a**

NavyBlueRaider

There is no need to hunt him down. I believe I met him recently and was trying to know a little more about him. When I noticed that he might have written an article in Approach, I was interested. I was just hoping someone might know where to get the article because I'm unable.