• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Aviation Question

payton

Just had a question, I know air force says pilots can not have less than 20/70 distance and 20/20 near vision as their vision requirement. What is the marines standards?

Lonestar

No worse than 20/40 uncorrected in each eye. Contact lense waiver, correctable to 20/20. PRK no worse than 20/40 in each eye.

deeregirl

At MEPS you do basic eye tests like looking at a chart and then you do a perception test where youll see like 5 dots in a row but one is sticking out and thats the one you have to see (if that makes any sense?) when you go down to Pensacola for a flight physical its more indepth. You'll still do the chart and perception test but then you'll do a color blindness test glaucoma test(where they puff some air) then theyll dialate your eyes and finally an eye doctor will look at your eyes.

Junior

pilot
I am one of those with less than perfect vision. I was better than 20/40, but not 20/20 and wear glasses in the jet. At my last annual the opthamologist told me once you are in the program, as in the day after you start API, your vision can go down to 20/100 and you can still fly. Provided it is still correctable to 20/20. Just food for thought.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
That, and, well...I didn't notice this until *after* I passed the test, but the solution chart for the depth perception part was right over the corpsman's shoulder while I was taking the test.