• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Captain and CIA Case Officer - Hezbollah Ties?

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Wow.

You'd think that the FBI would execute a more thorough background check of their agents.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
What I don't understand is how, when "plants", actually live here and make a successful life for themselves, they turn on the US. Especially as an enlisted turned officer Marine. I would think that they came here with limited knowledge or propaganda fed thoughts on what the US is all about... and once they actually live here, work here, travel within here, get to know the people here, etc etc, they would learn the truth about us and desert their cause. Considering the Marine, spending that much time in the Corps is bound to change your way of thinking isn't it? It boggles my mind...

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
What I don't understand is how, when "plants", actually live here and make a successful life for themselves, they turn on the US. Especially as an enlisted turned officer Marine. I would think that they came here with limited knowledge or propaganda fed thoughts on what the US is all about... and once they actually live here, work here, travel within here, get to know the people here, etc etc, they would learn the truth about us and desert their cause. Considering the Marine, spending that much time in the Corps is bound to change your way of thinking isn't it? It boggles my mind...

I guess they are just that set in their goal. I am puzzled too as to why after such a long amouth of time they don't change their mind. Maybe it has to do with what they have been told since day one. It seems that their sense of time is so much different than most of us as well. You would think after 10 years or so they might not be as motivated or even care anymore.

Makes you wonder whats really going on up their in Michigan to keep these folks so motivated and dedicated (but not to the Corps;))

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I hope they don't have any more single female relatives.... at least they were caught

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
Judging by the CIA application I have seen, they want to know your entire family tree and everything else imaginable. They have probably been making exceptions for individuals who are fluent in middle eastern languages. We don't have enough guys who are fluent in those languages and all of the diverse dialects. If you look into recent doctoral grants for language you'll see that colleges are throwing money at students who are already fluent in farsi. Of course, those languages are so hard to learn the only people who speak them fluently are probably somewhat suspect to begin with; I don't think most people could become truly fluent in such tough languages unless they began learning before the age of 7; arguably, their faith has also been fixed by the age of 7. It's a frightening problem.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If only my highschool knew about the opportunities for Farsi speakers. My school was like 60% persian Jewish, so all I heard everyday was FARSI FARSI FARSI. Too bad all they do is buy clothes, drive BMWs and smoke weed. Little do they know that the sky is the limit for their native tongue....oh well.