• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Flight Physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennfly

Anyone know if a small hole in the edge of the retina (no adverse symptoms) is disqualifying for Marine OCS pilot candidates? Laser surgery can repair it, but that may be disqualifying. What are the flight physical hoops that OCS flight candidates jump through to get to pilot training?
Tennfly

stevew

When I went for my flight physical there was a guy there that had some kind of a spot on his cornea, I don't know if it NPQ'd him but they definatly brought it up and it was an issue. They are quite personable there so when you go for your physical if they mention to you that it is a problem you should ask them if there is a waiver for it and how to go about getting it.

Tennfly

stevew said:
When I went for my flight physical there was a guy there that had some kind of a spot on his cornea, I don't know if it NPQ'd him but they definatly brought it up and it was an issue. They are quite personable there so when you go for your physical if they mention to you that it is a problem you should ask them if there is a waiver for it and how to go about getting it.
Thanks for the info. I'm not the candidate, but the dad, an ex-air force puke just trying to get some answers. By the way, where are you in the process and where did you get your flight physical(s)?

stevew

Tennfly said:
Thanks for the info. I'm not the candidate, but the dad, an ex-air force puke just trying to get some answers. By the way, where are you in the process and where did you get your flight physical(s)?

I'm working out of the NYC office. Iwent to Newport RI for my flight physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.