• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Harrier pilot awarded Distinguished Flying Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
frogman said:
Bertagna drove the attackers away with cannonfire from his Harrier jet, then helped contact medical helicopters that evacuated three wounded soldiers.

Interesting, considering that the JSF variant the USMC is buying to replace the Harrier won't have an internal gun...

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TurnandBurn55 said:
Interesting, considering that the JSF variant the USMC is buying to replace the Harrier won't have an internal gun...

neither does the Harrier

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gun-less Night Attack
asp01010.jpg

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The gun is having a renaissance of late. For a while the Harrier guys were hanging an extra bomb instead of the gun but the gun is very valuable in our current warzones. 25mm is some good sh!t.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I KNEW I knew that name. His brother is an instructor in 7 or 9... I can't remember. I think 9.

doubledeuce

Tartan
None
Recruiting in Pittsburgh, eh? May have to stop by before checking out for pcola and hear the nitty-gritty version.

beau

Fly Navy said:
I KNEW I knew that name. His brother is an instructor in 7 or 9... I can't remember. I think 9.

Had SDO with him the other night...small world ...small military

Status
Not open for further replies.