• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Officer Gift

KTBQ

Naval Radiator
pilot
Any ideas for a new 2LT commissioning gift? My preference is to avoid corny USMC themed stuff, but if that’s what the devil dogs want and need I’ll stand corrected. Thanks!

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Any ideas for a new 2LT commissioning gift? My preference is to avoid corny USMC themed stuff, but if that’s what the devil dogs want and need I’ll stand corrected. Thanks!

Galco Holsters (The shoulder holster fits nice in in flight suit) Beats the hell out of the issued drop holster. Probably something they won’t use until they get to the fleet.

Benchmade Knives A quality knife will never go unused.

Cooking/Camping Gear Jetboils are all the rage in the field nowadays, but any camping gear would be useful. Field packable pillows, air-mattresses, baby-wipes, and kitchen kit etc. More relevant in the near term for TBS. Undergarments/warming layers are useful, too. You could make a basket!

After that - Any naval aviator endorsed watch would go a long way, but I prefer Citizen Eco-drives because they’re relatively cheap but still accurate and decent looking. Pretty sure there is a thread on watches somewhere.

Lots of books out on Marine air out there and the list is long but I’ll give you two easy reading ones. Hammer from Above and Chickenhawk. I am assuming he is going the air route after TBS.

Hope this helps!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
A lifetime supply of Marine themed tee-shirts…trust me, they’ll use them.