• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Wife cleared of murder...botched lab tests

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/18/marine.widow.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Cynthia Sommer was freed based on botched lab tests that indicated her husband had been poisoned by arsenic. He actually died from natural causes and when the proof was reiterated, she was freed. Her case was an interesting one, partying at a strip club the night of his funeral, getting implants with the SGLI, and other promiscuous activities. Her behavior was perceived as damning at the trial and she was convicted.

www.freecynthia.com

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So she's a promiscuous bimbo with a fake rack?? Who cares?

I find it hard to believe the jury couldn't get by that trailer park persona and evaluate the case on just the factual evidence.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
So she's a promiscuous bimbo with a fake rack?? Who cares?

I find it hard to believe the jury couldn't get by that trailer park persona and evaluate the case on just the factual evidence.

Factual evidence pointed to arsenic poisoning... tainted samples from the first set of testing.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, but what was most publicized about this case?

(insert gratuitous wet t-shirt image here)

keepin' it NMCI safe...

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Factual evidence pointed to arsenic poisoning... tainted samples from the first set of testing.

Not true. The levels of the toxicology report from AFIP didn't make any sense. DA Gunn chose to ignore that, her defense attorney failed to provide an appropriate counter to the results, she lost years of her life to prison.

To water it down, and bring it home to us. USAA did the same to me. Though it doesn't involve jail or criminal charges, I was denied a life insurance policy because my cholesterol levels were, and I quote, "1,040"!! Nevermind that there is no measure of LDL or HDL in four-digits. The results were most likely incorrectely transcribed from 104 to 1,040 or may have been the fact that I had half a bottle of wine the night before. I was younger, ignorant and didn't know that they were going to draw my blood. All USAA told me was that a nurse would come by that day and give me a quick assessment physical. You'd think we'd just do the test over again right? Wrong. You're ineligible for reapplying for a year with those idiots after you test poorly. At 1,040 I'd be literally a walking tub of Crisco. The numbers just don't make sense, but they couldn't see through that. I think something similiar happened in this case.

She is further proof that you can't buy character or class.

True that. But I hope we, ourselves, never have to be judged on what our appropriate perceived "correct" conduct should be in many cases. Though I don't like what she did, we now know that she didn't kill her husband. But a jury believed that her conduct proved she did. We all grieve or behave differently from each other.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I was denied a life insurance policy because my cholesterol levels were, and I quote, "1,040"!! Nevermind that there is no measure of LDL or HDL in four-digits.
At least you obviously have had no "need" for life insurance up until your last post:D Oh yeah and.....Eat a salad:D